Monday, March 05, 2007

OUCH, That Hurts !!!


So this past week Olivia had her first shots. Needless to say, I was more terrified than she was. I'm proud of myself, I didn't cry, but I sure wanted to! She got three needles, two in one hip and one in the other. She SCREAMED at me, she was so mad, I swear that she's gonna remember this when she's older!!! And everyone told us they'd have this bell that we could ring that would distract her from her crying.....um ya, WHAT BELL??? No bell for us, nothing, nadda, just me holding back my tears as this lady punctures my babies hips with a needle the size of a crayon!! ok, well it wasn't that big, but pretty darn close.

But I'm glad to report that she didn't have any side effects, no fever or anything. Her hips didn't even seem to be sore the next day. So hopefully next time her shots will go better, less crying and preferably a smaller needle :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow what an experience! I remember when Cate had her first shots I offered to go with my sister becuase she didn't want to go alone. We did not have any bell either however we did have the needle that seemed as big as a crayon especially when she held it to Cates leg. The worst part is that I had to be the bad guy and hold Cate as she got the needle so that mom stayed as the good guy. I don't know that that actually worked but I am glad I did it then because now it won't be such a shock with our baby.

Talk to you guys soon!
Amanda