Saturday, April 14, 2007

Creative Days

So a couple weeks ago, Emma, Jen and I went and did a class at U B the Artist in McKenzie town. We had so much fun and learned the most amazing craft, Glass Fusion. This is a picture of the coaster I made, it's orange, red and a deep turqoise. It was really easy to make but so amazing to be able to create something from your own mind in glass instead of buying something that looks cool in a store for double the price! Needless to say I will be going back, you can make all sorts of things, they have night light kits, necklace kits, and then they have just different shapes of base glass that you can add colors and shapes to, or you can create everything from scratch, it's fabulous.

As well, last week on my b-day Cy, Olivia and I went back to the same shop and created a butterfly tile for Olivia's room. We used her little tootsies to create the wings for the butterfly and then I filled in the body and accents. It turned out perfectly, its red and black (the red looks a little pink here) but it'll hang up in her room and I hope that she can appreciate it for at least a couple years till it embarrasses her when she's a teenager! LOL

Then last night Emma, Carrie and I wen to Michelle's for a card making night, (we had a blast by the way, thanks Michelle it was awesome!) And we created these three cards, isn't Michelle amazing! She pulls these ideas from that fabulous brain of hers! And if I do say so myself, my cards look pretty darn cute, and I'm rather proud of them.

And last night was Olivia and Alyssa's first official sleepover, they slept in the same room and seemed to enjoy each others company, we didn't even have to go up and break up any giggle fests or anything! Such well behaved girls, much more behaved that the girls downstairs for sure! LOL!!!

No comments: